Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week Six

How in the world have we made it to week six already? Crikey! It's kind of outrageous how quickly time seems to be flying by, isn't it? This week was a fun break from the interesting but somewhat overwhelming cycle of Technology Explorations - I really enjoyed the WebQuest assignment, especially the results I gleaned from Google-ing "southern gothic" images...I ended up not using any of them, as you'll see in my discussion post, because I did not obtain permission to do so and really didn't want to commit accidental copyright infringement. That would be bad, right? Right?! At any rate, the Google-ing of said images did present some interesting results. So, there's that.

Moving right along now...

Weekly Questions  
- What did you learn this week that you will use immediately in your classroom? 

I will admit that when we looked at WebQuests in one of the afore-mentioned Tech Explorations, I was not entirely convinced of the resource's usefulness. This week definitely changed my mind. Even as rudimentary and somewhat hastily composed as mine was, it gave me a great framework for getting my thoughts together and actually coming up with an interesting assignment that I think I will use! You can find it here: All About Emily (I tried to change the title after publication, as the original title was devised when I envisioned the assignment going a different way, but it didn't seem to work for some reason).

- What steps will you take to implement this in your classroom? 

My WebQuest ties in with the brochure that I created for an earlier blog post. The WebQuest will be the final assignment in the lesson regarding Southern Gothic literature. The students will have plenty of background and information to work with after previous lessons, so getting started should be a breeze.

- What challenge(s) will you face when using this in your classroom?
 

The primary challenge that I could envision facing is that there may be students who still haven't grasped the material as wholly as they should have and who, as such, would have more difficulty with this assignment than I intend.
 
- What will you do to overcome the challenge(s)?  
This is a group assignment - it is my intention that the collective environment will be a boon to any of those students who may still be struggling with the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment